Goomtee Resorts, Darjeeling, West Bengal
Nestled among the rolling mountains with the glistening Mt Kanchenjunga towering over the azure sky, Darjeeling fondly called "Queen of the Hills", is a Himalayan city in the Indian state of West Bengal. This is the land of the muscatel flavored Darjeeling tea revered by connoisseurs across the globe. This is the land of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway where the century old miniature steam engine still chugs uphill vying for space with the fast disappearing Land Rovers is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Darjeeling also has several British-style public schools, which attract students from throughout India and neighboring countries. Today Darjeeling is famous for six T’s -Tea, Teak, Tourism, Toy Train, Tiger Hill and Trekkers’ paradise.
Goomtee Resort is a Tea Garden accommodation near Darjeeling. Located at Mahanadi, a quiet railroad station of the World Heritage Darjeeling Railway, this hill station resort is a must visit for those in search of a "total getaway". Built by Mr. Henry Montgomery Lennox as residence for his family, it is in an attractive location with magnificent views from all sides. The Heritage bungalow was expanded over the years and renovated extensively while maintaining the original character.
The Planters’ bungalow is more than 100 years old and is considered a well-maintained heritage accommodation around Darjeeling.
The eco friendly resort in Darjeeling is an invitation to experience the life of a Darjeeling Tea Plantation. There are 4 well-furnished bedrooms with attached modern bathrooms are available for stay. The Heritage bungalow has wooden floors and ceilings, complete with picture windows and fire place in the drawing room. This green resort in the outskirts of Darjeeling has beautiful views from all directions. The multicuisine Dining Room offers continental, American, Chinese, North Indian and South Indian specialties. The tea Bungalow accommodation in Darjeeling promotes and serves Vegetarian food. However, milk products and eggs are available.
Views from Different directions
East: Lawn, Bamboo grove, Siliguri lights at night
South: Lawn, Bougainville, Hill covered with Azalea
West: Roses, Jasmine, Magnolia, Goomtee factory
North: Pine trees, Carmellia and Jungpana Tea Garden.
Facilities & Services:
- Fresh tea will be served every day from the previous day's harvest.
- Special drinks can be arranged for an extra charge on request.
- Satellite Cable TV is available in the drawing room.
- A ping pong table and various board games available for recreation.
- 24 hour hot water, electricity and security.
- Fire place in winter.
- Normal laundry can be done, weather & time permitting at extra cost.
Free Laundry for next day for reasonable quantities.
- Toy Train ride to Kurseong by prior arrangement.
- A telephone is available for calls within Darjeeling/Siliguri/Kalimpong.
- There is a reference library with books on Biography, Buddhism, Gardening, Health, History, Hobbies, Philosophy, Tea, Travel, Yoga etc.
- Factory Visit - See tea being processed overnight including Withering - Rolling - Drying - Sorting - Packing.
- Participate in a tasting session where the system of grading, valuation, flush will be explained.
- Select a Tea for purchase, 15% discount is offered.
- Picnic-Lunch can be arranged, weather permitting.
- Adventurous guests can enjoy bath under waterfall in May-June, followed by Picnic.
- Early morning trips to view sunrise at Tiger Hill.
- Long hikes up and down the slope will be arranged with escort.
- Gorkha cultural dance / music can be arranged on request at extra cost.
- Simple food and sleeping place for Guide / Drivers at extra cost.
|Charges Per Day
| Room with 2 guests
| One extra bed
| Room with 1 guest
| Cultural Program
(for one hour show)
| Day visit including tasting
| Darjeeling Visit
(Incl. Lunch for 2 guests)
| Airport/station pickup/drop
Terms & Conditions
- The tariff is subject to change without prior notice
- Check in time is 12 pm and Check out time is 11am
- The tariff is Valid from 1st April 2012 up to 30th September 2012
- The Tariff is inclusive of all meals and taxes
- Booking made in advance by payment of charges for one night. Full refund if cancelled with 7 days notice.
- Children less than 5 years will be complimentary without extra bed.
- A guaranteed reservation will be held until 1800 hrs unless a late arrival is specified.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel non -guaranteed reservations, after the cut off date.
- In case of a no show or cancellation of a guaranteed reservation, the hotel reserves the right to levy retention charge for the entire stay
Goomtee Resort, P.O. Mahanadi., Dt. Darjeeling 734223, West Bengal, India
How to get there
Air: The nearest airport is Bagdogra ( 48 kms – 3 hrs ).
Rail: The two closest railway stations are Siliguri (40 kms) and New Jalpaiguri (48 kms)
Places of Tourist Interest
Tiger Hill ( 13 km ) , Batasia Loop ( 5 km ) , Himalayan Mountaineering Institute ( 2 km ), Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park ( 2 Km ) , Tenzing Rock and Gombu Rock,
Lloyds Botanical Garden, Darjeeling Rangeet Valley Passenger Ropeway ( 3 km ), Barbotey Rock Garden ( 10 km ), Sandakphu ( 10 km )