Rann Riders Resorts
About little Rann of Kutch
Kutch district is a district of Gujarat state in western India.Kutch literally means something which intermittently becomes wet and dry; a large part of this district is known as Rann of Kutch which is shallow wetland which submerges in water during the rainy season and becomes dry during other seasons. The Great Rann of Kutch and the Little Rann of Kutch are seasonal salt marsh located in the Thar Desert in the Kutch district of Gujarat.
Little desert of Kutch is famous as the world's last refuge of the Indian Wild Ass. (Khur) for the conservation of which it has been declared as the Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary. Though a bleak landscape it is rich in biodiversity and is an ecologically important area for wildlife and many local and migratory water birds like cranes, ducks, pelicans, flamingoes and land birds like sand grouse, frankolins and the Indian bustards. It is also home to various unique mammals apart from wild Ass such the Indian Wolf and Desert Fox. It has been nominated as a UNESCO world Heritage Site. The area is used for salt panning and grows farm shrimps.
Rann Riders Resort
Rann Riders is a cottage camp at Dasada, Kutch, Gujarat (India), near the Little Rann of Kutch wildlife sanctuary. A geographically unique landform, the Little Rann of Kutch is a saline desert wilderness offering exciting cross-desert safaris, superb wildlife viewing opportunities and colourful villages along the edge of the desert.
Surrounded by wetlands, this is an eco-friendly resort in Kutch imaginatively designed using local materials to recreate the appearance of an eco village. Accommodations are in cottages, resembling the kooba houses of the Bajania community of Dasada and the Bhunga houses of the Rabaris of Kutch, decorated with mirrors, mud-plaster work and embroideries. This environmentally friendly resort makes the ideal base to explore the culture, weaves and handicrafts of the Surendranagar district. The resort in Kutch offers jeep, horse and camel safaris in the Little Rann of Kutch, habitat of Asiatic Wild Ass and a bird watching paradise.
- Jeep and camel cart safaris in the Rann of Kutch.
- The resort has a small lake, lawns and gardens with sit-outs.
- Hammocks hung in an Eucalyptus plantation.
- A swimming pool that doubles as an irrigation tank recycling pool water for agriculture in the arid region near the Rann of Kutch.
- Extensive grounds for indoor and outdoor games.
- Music and dance performances of local communities can be arranged at extra cost.
- Rann of Kutch Camel safaris
- Horse back riding
- Camel cart tours of the Rann
- Village tours by camel cart with or without accommodations in camel wagon with the nomads.
- Village safaris by vehicle
- Fishing on `you catch we cook’ or `catch and release’ basis at our own lake.
Visit to bird sanctuary
Tariff : on AP Plan ( with all meals )
Luxury Tent: Rs.6000/-
Luxury cottage: Rs.6000/-
Extra bed : Rs.2000/-
Child ( 6 – 10 yers ) : Rs.1000/-
The package include
Safari Package Offer includes:
Meals – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
one Wildlife Safari (Shared Jeep)
All Applicable Govt. Taxes
Terms & Condition
- Check in time is 1 pm and Check out time is 12 Pm.
- The tariff is Valid from 1st April 2011 up to 30th September 2012 ( Except 20th to 31st December )
- The tariff is inclusive of luxury taxes.
- Children less than 5 years will be complimentary without extra bed.
- A guaranteed reservation will be held until 1800 hrs unless a late arrival is specified.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel non -guaranteed reservations, after the cut off date.
- In case of a no show or cancellation of a guaranteed reservation, the hotel reserves the right to levy retention charge for the entire stay
Dasada 382750, District - Surendranagar,
How to get there
Ahmedabad ( 90 km ) is the nearest international and domestic airport to Dasada. The drive from Ahmedabad airport to Dasada takes about two and half hours to three hours.
By Rail from Mumbai
Viramgam is the nearest railway station. It has train connections to Mumbai. Dasada is a 30 km drive from Viramgam.
By Rail from other cities
Ahmedabad, 90 km from Dasada, has rail connections to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata and other cities.
Places of tourist interest
Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary, Little Rann of Kutch, nearby wetlands, Gondal (Lakes and grasslands), Ahmedabad (Thol Bird Sanctuary), Dasada (Jhinjwada Fort, Halwad Fort), Dasada (Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary) Dasada (pastoral groups.
Distances to other places.
Ahmedabad : 90 kms, Viramgam : 30 kms, Zainabad: 12 kms, Anand - 173 kms, Vadodara - 210 kms, Bhavnagar - 231 kms, Bhuj - 267 kms, Dwarka - 400 kms, Mehsana - 68 kms, Mount Abu - 214 kms, Rajkot - 180 kms , Dangs - 490 km, Gondal - 220 km, Gir - 343 km, Jamnagar - 270 km, Junagadh - 283 km, Porbandar - 368 km, Surat - 360 km, Surendranagar - 73 km, Udaipur - 324 km.