Le Green Eco-club was set up in the year 2010 to create awareness among the people as well as students about their immediate environment and environmental issues. We successfully celebrate various programmers every year to improvise the ailing condition of the environment. This year the Research Group of the club has been working on a project on “Planting trees to save nature" which is a great concern for all the Bangaloreans as huge trees are cut down for road widening and other developmental works.
At the same time, trees are not replaced elsewhere to compensate for the loss of green cover in the city thus putting a greater impact on the weather pattern and control over ever-growing pollution. The club also took various Cleanliness Drive in Bangalore. The members are also engaged in various social activities like supporting organizations that look after destitute, helping the poor children who are in orphanages, planting trees on the places where deforestation is taking place.
Our Future Plan:
The club is planning to organize regular Educational tours within India in order to make individuals, organizations, students from schools and colleges to understand the ecological issues that degrade our environment. The members of this club will wear t-shirts with environmental themes written on it to bring environmental awareness to the public. This is just the beginning. The club has to go far with its young members. It is our responsibility to create a better future for our next generation. Our Motto: Plant trees, save nature!
The activities Planned for the eco club:
• Motivate the students and public to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
• To Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
• Motivate students and public to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
• To Educate students and general Public so as to stop the indiscriminate burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
• Sensitize the students and general population to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
• Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, essay, painting competitions, rallys, etc. regarding various environmental issues and educate children about re-use of waste material & preparation of products out of waste.
• Organize Nature Trail tours in Wild Life Sanctuaries /Parks /Forest areas to know about the Bio- diversity.
• To create awareness among students, corporate and general public to get involved in various activities like massive tree plantations, developing green lung areas, debates, quiz programs, painting and also training to become role models for fellow citizens.