Silver Oak Resort, Coorg ( Karnataka )
Kodagu, also known as Coorg, is a popular hill station in Karnataka (South India) . Kodagu is well known in the world for coffee and its "brave Kodava warriors. Hill station Coorg is picturesque and is a mountainous area in southern Karnataka. It's separated from Kerala by the Brahmagiri range.
Coorg is one of the top travel destinations in Karnataka. This hill resort in is renowned for its coffee plantations, which contribute around 60% of India's coffee production. It also has abundant teak, rosewood, and sandalwood forests. The Coorg area of Karnataka has a fascinating history, with the Kodavas being the dominant tribal community. It is well renowned for its friendly inhabitants and fantastic scenery with attractions such as the mountains, woodlands and a wide variety of wildlife. Coorg is often referred to as the Scotland of East, is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India.
About the Resort
Silver oak resortin Coorg is situated at Kunda near Ponnampet; about 30 minutes drive from Nagarhole Tiger Reserve. It is a unique place surrounded by 10 acres of Silver Oak trees, coffee and spice plantations and over looked by a large place of "sacred Jungle" and Kunda hill. Silver Oak in Coorg is for people who love nature and wanted to explore nature by being part of it. The resort management is involved with few NGO's which is mainly devoted to nature preservation and rainwater harvesting besides development of tribals. This resort in Coorg has been built without cutting any tree from the site. At Silver Oak, we support the local community by various means like employing them, education to their children, teaching conservation techniques etc.
The resort offers 07 eco friendly cottages each of which can accommodate about 4 people each. Tents are also available for people who would like to take the experience to the next level. Each room has got a fire place, portico for the nature view, a swimming pool, library etc. Silver Oak is unique for the true experience of being in nature and the warm hospitality of the Kodava Family which runs the place.
- Open Conference Room
- Projector System with Screen
- Wi-Fi Broad Band Internet connection (please bring your laptop)
- The cottages are on lake side
- Camp fire (with Music System)
- Music system with karaoke
- We shall provide you Guitar and Keyboard on request.
- Fire place inside the cottage ( INR300 for Fire-wood)
- 24 hour hot water facility in the cottage
- Toilets are equipped with health faucet and toilet paper
- Each cottage has the sit out for nature viewing
- Binocular is available on request
- Free swimming pool entry (Separate toddler pool available for kids)
- TV with cable connection/DVD player in the cottage
- Safe locker in the cottage
- Souvenir Shop
- Guide/Drive (on chargable basis)
- Trekking in our private jungle with 50 acres of land
- Mosquito net and mosquito coil are in the cottage just as a precaution
Indoor and outdoor activities:
- Full cricket set and nature ground
- Table Tennis
- Camp fire
- Water Volleyball / throw ball
- Music and Karaoke
- Trekking to famous Kunda Hill
- Trekking at private jungle
- Plantation walking
- Bird Watching
- Night Jungle walking with local experts.
- River side walking / camping
- Paddle Boating
Rs.2800/-onwards per cottage per day with breakfast & taxes
How to reach:
- By Road : Mysore is 80km and Bangalore is 210km
- By Rail: Mysore railway station is the nearest rail head at 60km from the resort
- By Air : Mysore is the nearest Airport at 80km from the resort. Bangalore is 210km.
Kunda Post, Ponnapet
Via Gonikoppal, Coorg (Karnataka)