The Dune Eco resort, Pondicherry
Situated on the Coromandel Coast, about 160 kms south of Chennai, lies the Union Territory of Pondicherry. The French ruled this territory for 300 years, and today, it stands as a living monument of the French culture in India. Very cosmopolitan, Pondicherry is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in India with stunning beaches, a variety of places of sightseeing and tantalizing French cuisines.
This attractive, former French colony, exudes a Mediterranean aura with its chic streets, elegant houses, ornamental gardens and the Hotel de Ville. Apart from the charming atmosphere, excellent restaurants and cheap beer, what attracts most travellers to Pondicherry is the Sri Aurobindo Ashram and its offshoot, Auroville, 10 km outside town. The ashram, founded by Sri Aurobindo in the year 1926, has brought international reputation to this coastal town. The ashram, the spiritual tenets of which combine yoga and modern science is quite popular within India and abroad. There are many interesting places to visit in and around Pondicherry.
About Dune Resort
The Dune is a thematic village resort in Pondicherry, designed to cater to the growing demand for long stay destinations with soul and comfort. The dune beach hotel in Pondicherry is spread over a 25 acre eco-friendly beach village. The eco friendly beach Bungalows are uniquely designed and constructed partly using reclaimed building material from South Indian Colonial houses, Chettinad palaces and Kerala planter's mansions. Each thematic eco bungalow has different furniture, size, facility and enjoys the privacy of its own garden. The Dune cherishes the spirit "to live in harmony with nature and men".
This eco resort in Pondicherry, South India, has its own solar heated water, waste water treatment plant, uses reclaimed timbers. The green hotel accommodation in Pondicherry has two restaurants that serve healthy gourmet fusion food, prepared using vegetables organically farmed on the property. The Dune Eco Village Resort and Spa is world of escape and relaxation, ideal for guests who want to be able to blend into their surroundings.
This beach front hotel in Pondicherry has countless options for relaxation and recreation including spa, Magic Water treatments, swimming pool and many other welcome diversions. This beach resort and spa in Pondicherry offers artists in Residence program, water-based healing programs such as Aqua Zen Aichi, Magic Chromatherapy, Aqua Reflexo, Water Shiatsu and other interesting aqua therapies.
- 30 elegantally furnishes eco cottages and villas
- Multicuisine Restaurant
- Seafood Bar by the Beach.
- Garden Barbeque and Tandoor
- Fresh Juice Bar . Organic coffee bar
- 24 hrs Room service.
- DVD Library & In-Room Player and minibar .
- In-Room Safe Deposit lockers
- Yoga and Ayurvedic Massage Center
- Volley Ball, Tennis Court
- Children Play area and Pool
- Swimming pool , Gymmasium
- 700 m Beach , 2 Km Jogging track .
- AC Lounge / Conference & Banquet Hall.
- Open Air Auditorium .
- Organic Farm & Vegetable Garden
- Travel desk.
- Auroville & Pondicherry Sight seeing
- Wellness Spa
- Beach tour
- Beach volleyball
- Local sightseeing
Tariff : Valid till 14th Dec 2013 On Continental Plan ( With breakfast )
| Room Category
Nature Cooled – Non A/C
AC Cottages / Rooms
A/C suite Room
AC Two Bed Room House (4 occupant)
Terms and conditions
- Check in time is 12 pm and Check out time is 11am
- The tariff is Valid till 14th December 2013.
- Above tariff Includes accommodation for 2 persons & breakfast
- Service tax as applicable on the above room tariff
- Children less than 5 years will be complimentary without extra bed.
- Extra person Adult : Rs.1500/- and children from 5- 12years is Rs.1000/- ( Tax of 12.5% will be extra )
- Meal Rates: Rs.900 plus 12.5% tax per person per meal.
- A guaranteed reservation will be held until 1800 hrs unless a late arrival is specified.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel non -guaranteed reservations, after the cut off date.
- In case of a no show or cancellation of a guaranteed reservation, the hotel reserves the right to levy retention charge for the entire stay
Via Pondicherry University,
Pondicherry 605014, India
How to get there
Chennai : 150 kms, Pondicherry : 15 kms, Mahabalipuram : 85 kms , Bangalore : 320km
Tourist attractions around Pondicherry
Pondicherry, is a famous tourist destination located on the west coast of southern India. It was a French colony till 1962, and still reflects French influence in almost all aspects of the city. The French have left many legacies and relics behind. These have become some of the major tourist attractions of the place. Some of the popular tourist attractions in Pondicherry are Sri Aurbindo Ashram, Auroville city, Pondicherry museum, Bharathi Park, Botanical garden, Churches of Pondicherry, Temples of Pondicherry, Pondicherry beach, Arikkamedu, Chidambaram ( 58 km ) and Thiruvannamalai ( 107 km ).