Green pastures Belur
About Belur and Halebidu
At a distance of about 220 Kms from Bangalore, Belur is considered as the Banaras of South. It is a small town located on the banks of River Yagachi , it is but very popular for its marvellous temples which are among the best if one wants to study temple architecture. Belur is a popular Heritage destination in Karnataka, India with large number of domestic and foreign tourists visiting Belur throughout the year.
Halebidu was the regal capital of the Hoysala empire in the 12th century. It is home to one of the best examples of Hoysala architecture in the ornate Hoysaleswara and Kedareswara temples. Halebidu literally means " ruined city". Halebidu is just 15km from Belur. There are no hotels in Halebidu and tourists visiting Halebidu, travel to Belur for stay. Halebidu and Belur are world Hritage towns in Karnataka and are always clubbed together in any of the temple tours or heritage tours to Karnataka. Accommodation in Belur is limited to budget hotels and the only premium hotel in Belur is the Green Pastures which is an eco-friendly plantation resort.
The Green pastures
The Green Pastures is a leading holiday resort near Belur, the well -known temple town in Karnataka. It is a premium Heritage resort close to Halebidu which is another world heritage site in Karnataka. This is one of the top resorts in Chikmagalur area and is situated inside 30 acres of lush green coffee & pepper plantations. This Plantation resort in Belur is surrounded by green meadows and thin forests and this area has salubrious climate throughout the year. Tourists visiting Belur and Halebidu prefer to stay here as it is conveniently located and can easily be accessed.
The Green Pastures resort near Sakleshpur has been designed and nurtured on the lines of a blend of ethnicity with a sprinkle of heritage and culture. It is the only heritage resort in Belurand Halebidu region. Based on ancient living style of Malnad with thatched roof & wooden serene evolves the concept of a centralized courtyard that makes it very unique. The rooms are exclusively designed with a heady mix of Rajasthani and Kerala architecture. The resort accommodation in Belur is popular for its Malnadu cuisines. This environmentally friendly resort in Karnataka has popularized the theme of open air conferencing under serene nature and is a popular destination for team building, motivational training and related corporate activities. This eco resort close to Hassan organizes many rural activities like paddy tours, plantation tours, village tours, milking of the cow, bullock cart ride, village walk, forest trek, and tribal village visits etc for the in-house guests.
The rooms of "The Green Pastures" are designed keeping in mind the feel of royals have been fitted with sprawling "Chapra Machams" enthralled with attractive paintings and lightings, blends with the clients' feel and taste. 09 Heritage rooms with a mix of Kerala and Rajasthani architecture are available for stay
- 09 elegantly furnished heritage rooms
- Swimming Pool
- Steam bath
- Multicuisine Restaurant
- Conference facilities ( Indoor 20 pax & outdoor 100 pax )
- Children's Park
- Amphi Theatre
- Lawn with flower garden to relax
- Bonfire area
- Indoor Games
- outdoor games
- 24 hour hot & cold water
- Doctor on call
- All outdoor games like Football/cricket/badminton/volleyball etc
- Local trek with a guide
- Coffee & Pepper Plantation Tour
- Visit to Coffee factory
- Bullock cart ride
- Heritage tour with a guide
- Peacock Darshan tour
- Rural / Village Tour
- Agricultural Tour
- Milking of the cow
- Cycling in and around the resort
- Hammocks by the side of the river
- paddy tour ( only during monsoon months )
- Local sightseeing
Note: Some of the above mentioned activities are chargeable.
On Modified American plan ( MAP includes breakfast and dinner )
Type of Room
CHILD ( 6 10 YEARS) with extra bed
Terms & Conditions
- Check in time is 12 pm and Check out time is 11am.
- The tariff is Valid from 1st April 2013 up to 20th March 2014 ( Except 20th to 31st December )
- The tariff is inclusive of luxury taxes.
- All bookings are against full advance payment only.
- Children less than 5 years will be complimentary without extra bed.
- A guaranteed reservation will be held until 1800 hrs unless a late arrival is specified.
- The hotel reserves the right to cancel non -guaranteed reservations, after the cut off date.
- In case of a no show or cancellation of a guaranteed reservation, the hotel reserves the right to levy retention charge for the entire stay
How to reach:
- By Rail: The nearest railway station is Hassan, which is 38 kms from Belur. It is connected to other prominent junctions like Bangalore, Mysore and Mangalore.
- By Air : The nearest airports are Bangalore (222 km) and Mangalore (194 km).
- By Road : There are regular buses from Bangalore (222km), Halebid (16km), Hassan (40 km), Hospet (330km), Mangalore (124 km) and Mysore (149km) to Belur.
- To the Resort: From Belur KSRTC bus stand, take the road towards the left leading to Biccaud town. Continue 8 km on the road and the sign board of the hotel will be displayed on the left side of the road. From that point, take the right deviation through a mud road to about 500 mtrs and you will enter the main gate of the resort.
The Green Pastures,
karadugoodu Village, Biccaud Hobli,
Belur Taluk, Hassan Dist, Karnataka state, India
Ph: + 91 80 25442142 / + 91 9663371572 / + 91 9845512142
Tourist Attractions around Belur and Halebidu :
Belur and Halebidu world heritage temple towns in Karnataka are conveniently located near Chikmagalur the coffee plantation region of Karnataka, Sakleshpur the scenic landscape of Karnataka and Moodigere the land of rivers , lakes and natural splendor.
Some of the popular destinations near Belur are :
Chennakesava Temple ( 8km ), Veeranarayana Temple ( 9km ), Hoysaleswara Temple (20km ), Shravanabelagola , Yagachi Dam ( 12km ), Vatavala dam ( 4km ), Chikmagalur ( 25 km ), Sakleshpura ( 36km ), Kemmangundi (75 ), Kudremukh ( 95 km ), BabaBudangiri ( 50 km ), Mullayanagiri ( 45 km) , Belavadi ( 25 km ), Bhadra Wildlife Santuary ( 38 km ), Sringeri ( 90 km ), Horanadu ( 100 km ).